WHAT IS MARKETING?
- The art and science of choosing target
market and getting, keeping and growing
customers through creating, delivering and
communicating superior customer value.
- Marketing is the function that adjusts an
organization’s offering to the changing
needs of the market place.
- Marketing is a civilized form of warfare in
which most battles are won with words,
ideas and disciplined thinking.
- Marketers are responsible for
- They influence the level, timing, and
composition of demand to meet the
- Delivery of standard of living
- Decrease in distribution cost
- Increase in employment opportunities
- Increase in national income
- Protection against business slump
PURPOSE OF MARKETING
- Lowers the cost of attracting new
- Encourages loyalty
- Enhances and promote positive word
- Reduces failure cost
- Creates competitive advantage